One Act Play Takes 2nd in State

Will Davies, Staff Writer

The GAC One Act play, The Boys Next Door, traveled down to Northside High School in Warner Robins and brought back a second place trophy to 1575 Indian Trail Road on November 9th.  First Time thespian, Griffin Hornyak, summed up the experience best saying, “The cast became a family, and the script became a story.”

Senior, Austin Crute, won best actor at state, “The play is about 4 mentally challenged men who are living in a house with their care taker, Jack (Sam Weyen), whose main job is to make sure they are living in a condition that is conducive to the development of their mental state.”  The 4 men, Lucien P. Smith played by Crute, Barry Klemper played by Hornyak, Arnold Wiggins played by Sam Casey, and Norman Bulansky played by Matthew Connel came together to make a play that not only made you laugh, but jerked your heart. The director, Clif Jones, said “The theme of the show was the 4 boys.   If they don’t have an ensemble feel it doesn’t work, and all 4 of them really worked well.”

Earlier in the fall the cast traveled down to the Georgia Theater Conference and walked away with an Honorable Mention, but that is because they hadn’t peaked at the right moment. They peaked at State according to Mr. Jones, who said, “What you try to do is have the play peak at the right time. If it peaks too soon then it is not as strong.  They peaked at just about the right time. All of them were pretty much right on that day.”

The thespian Spartans have their winter Drama production, “Curtains,” playing  December 5th and 6th at 7:30 P.M., December 7th at 1:00 PM and Dec. 8 at 2:00 PM.

• One Act Play Takes 2nd in State

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

• One Act Play Takes 2nd in State

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

• One Act Play Takes 2nd in State

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

• One Act Play Takes 2nd in State

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

• One Act Play Takes 2nd in State

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

• One Act Play Takes 2nd in State

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work

One Act Play Takes 2nd in State