Friday Night Lights

The Spartans Go To The Playoffs

Lexi Mann, Staff Writer

The GACS varsity football team continues to practice in order to ensure victory during the playoffs.

Norcross, Ga. — Similar to last year, the Spartan’s varsity football team will be on the playoffs this Friday in order to become the champions.

The Spartans will host the first round of playoffs on Friday against Dade County.

While the Spartans stand 9-1, having their only loss to undefeated and reigning state champions Benedictine, Dade county is 6-4 overall and 3-3 in their region. If the GACS Spartans win Friday’s game, they will face Vidalia or Swainsboro high school.

Senior free safety and slot receiver, Berkley Boglin said, “We need to continue to get better and take it one week at a time.”

Members of the GACS varsity football team are eager to change the script of what happened last year when the Spartans lost to Benedictine 46-21 in the championship.

Boglin, is confident in his team’s execution for the playoffs this year. “We are aiming for a different ending result.”

The Spartans have been working hard in order to fulfill the plan of getting to the Georgia Dome.

Even the fans are ready for Friday’s Hawaiian out against Dead County. Head of GAC’s redzone, Grace Jafojo is excited to see what the Spartans have in store offensively.

“I want to see a 60 yard touchdown from Liam Sullivan” Grace said. The Spartans are used to playing in front a big crowd.

The Spartan’s leadership plays into their success as well. Offensive and defensive lineman and co-captain, Ford Higgins, had success on the field. “I strongly believe this team is capable of making it all the way,” said Ford Higgins.

“If we play our game and execute the way we know how we can, then we should have no problems,” Higgins said. The Spartans are ready to play in the big game on Friday.

• Friday Night Lights

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

• Friday Night Lights

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

• Friday Night Lights

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

• Friday Night Lights

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

• Friday Night Lights

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

• Friday Night Lights

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work

Friday Night Lights