Varsity Boys’ Tennis Team

Excitement to Bring Home the Victory from the State Championship

This+year%2C+the+Spartans+look+to+repeat+last+year%27s+success+by+winning+the+state+championship+for+the+second+year+in+a+row.+
This year, the Spartans look to repeat last year's success by winning the state championship for the second year in a row.

Bo Davies, Staff Writer

Last year, the GACS boys’ tennis team won the state tournament, and this year, they plan to build on last year’s success.

The Spartans placed third in the region, and this placement earned them a three seed for the state tournament. The Spartans swept both Heard County and Darlington without dropping a match. When playing two seed Lovett, the Spartans dropped one game and won the overall match. They then faced Blekely County in the semi-finals where they swept their opponent.

The Spartans traveled to Clayton County to face Pace Academy in the State finals and won the match 3-1 to win the Class AA Boys State Tennis Championship.

This year, the Spartans look to repeat last year’s success by winning the state championship for the second year in a row. The Spartans are backed by a rock, junior Alex Kahn, who plays first singles. “We plan on continuing our success by winning a 2nd straight State Championship this spring. We work hard everyday to be able to accomplish this goal.” Kahn said.

The Spartans are constantly working hard at practice, and I have had first hand experience of witnessing this dedication because the tennis courts are next to the baseball field.

Along with Kahn, the Spartans are led by senior Leader Parker Bryant. Bryant plays first doubles along with senior Stephen Lamb.

“The senior leader on our team is Parker Bryant because of his determination and fight. He never gives up and is always encouraging everyone on,” Kahn said about Bryant. Along with being the senior leader, Bryant is also a star student and excels in the classroom.

The usual lineup looks similar to last year’s state winning lineup. The Spartans only had to replace four everyday players.

Alex Kahn is playing one doubles similar to last year.

Senior Will Primos is playing two singles for the first time.

Braden Clinebell is playing three singles also for the first time.

Bryant is playing with Stephen Lamb for the third straight year.

Newcomers Charlie Edwards and Andrew Ha play two doubles.

Spartan fans should look forward to a great season and hopefully to another state championship at the end of the season.

• Varsity Boys’ Tennis Team

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

• Varsity Boys’ Tennis Team

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

• Varsity Boys’ Tennis Team

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

• Varsity Boys’ Tennis Team

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

• Varsity Boys’ Tennis Team

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

• Varsity Boys’ Tennis Team

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work

Varsity Boys’ Tennis Team