The Undefeatable Spartan Boys’ Soccer Team

Will the Spartans defeat their opponents for the third time in a row?

The players of the 2016 boys' soccer team  have proven themselves to be as talented as the previous two teams and are striving to complete the season with a dominating win at the state championship game.

The players of the 2016 boys' soccer team have proven themselves to be as talented as the previous two teams and are striving to complete the season with a dominating win at the state championship game.

Josh Irvin, Staff Writer

For the past two seasons, the Spartans have had an outstanding season. The Spartans were back-to-back state champions, defeating every team in their path. Outstanding and longtime head coach, Thom Jacquet, led the boys’ Spartan soccer team.

The Spartans are led this year by seniors Bennie Harris, Kendall Austin, Colton Jones, Drew Shumard, Matthew Kenworthy, Michael Williams, and William Hamrikya. The soccer team has had a successful year so far by defeating most of their region teams including Lovett and Holy-Innocents.

With the Spartans losing many of their seniors over the past two years, many wonder if the Spartans will be able to do it again and continue the dynasty that is happening at GACS. The Spartans have proven themselves to be as good as the previous two teams and are striving to complete the season with a dominating win at the state championship game.

Coach Jaquet leads his team with great leadership by allowing the players to look up to him and create a sense of hunger to do well throughout the season.

Many star players for the soccer team include Bennie, Kendall, and Angello Lazar. These star athletes have helped the Spartans win in clutch moments throughout the season. Both Bennie and Kendall have clenched strong goals to allow the Spartans to win in a close manner.

Angello, the goal keeper, has made great saves that have stopped opponents from defeating the Spartans. Overall, the Spartans are just as good as the previous teams and they might even have something a little more special than the other previous teams. With the leadership and wisdom from their coach, the Spartans have a great chance in being a successful and victorious team at the end of the season.

• The Undefeatable Spartan Boys’ Soccer Team

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work