Highlights of Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse Season

A Fantastic Season Coming to An End With Many Playoffs On Their Way

Varsity Boys' Lacrosse

Varsity Boys' Lacrosse

Varsity Boys' Lacrosse

Ibitola Toyin-Adelaja, Staff Writer

Norcross, GA — The 2015-2016 season is ending for the GACS Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse team.

The team’s current record is 11 wins and 3 losses. There are 18 regular season games with one preseason scrimmage. The latest victory for the Spartans was Friday, April 15 at Blessed Trinity. The latest defeat was 13-15 April 19 at Westminster. The Spartans had their largest defeat of the season against North Springs on March 8 with a 20-0 victory.

The Spartans have four team captains this season. They are Brooks Rice, Brad Hodoval, Ford Higgins, and Connor Markham. All four captains selected are seniors who have been with the program since freshman year.

There are three coaches for the lacrosse team this season. The head coach is Tim Ball who has been with the program since 2008. The two assistant coaches are Scott Ratliff, the defensive coordinator, and Ned Kaish.

The regular season began at Mill Creek February 26 with a close defeat of 9-10. The regular season will end Thursday, April 28 versus Roswell High School at home.

Coach Ball gave an update regarding the boys’ lacrosse team and their season so far. He described the game played versus Marist where the Spartans won 17-8 as the best played game of the season. The coaches have seen the team come together and bond on many occasions throughout the season.

“I see the team bond by the way they communicate in practice, fellowshipping during pre-game meals, and hanging out outside of games and practices,” Coach Ball said. This team chemistry seems to have translated as the Spartans have a winning record this season.

One of the seven seniors on the team this season is continuing lacrosse in college. Brad Hodoval, who is the team’s goalie, is going to play for Mercer University next year.

The Spartans next home game will be on April 26 versus Buford High School beginning at 5 P.M. This year’s senior night will be held Thursday, April 28 against Roswell High School, and the game will begin at 6 P.M.

This 2015-2016 season has been successful for the boys’ lacrosse team with much more to come as the regular season ends and the playoffs begin.

• Highlights of Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse Season

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work