What Should We Expect From The 2015 Grammy Awards?

Make sure you tune into the Grammy Awards Sunday, February 8, at 8pm!

Kyle Briskin, Staff Writer

February is one of my favorite months of the year. You got the Super Bowl, Valentines Day, and most importantly…The Grammy Awards. If you are a music-lover like me, then you know that the Grammy Awards are one of the most important nights in music history. Winning a Grammy award is one of the most coveted and sought-after achievements. The top artists and producers are recognized in the awards ceremony and some of the most memorable performances are held at the awards show. One thing I love about the Grammys is that well-known respected artists will sometimes collaborate with newer artists during performances. In the past, we have seen Elton John collaborate with Eminem and Lady Gaga, Dave Grohl and Bruce Springsteen, Daft Punk and Stevie Wonder, the list goes on and on. The question that has been making my mind waver all day is…what should we expect from this year’s Grammy Awards?

Well, first we have the awards. One of the most coveted awards is “Album of the Year,” and the nominees are: X (Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, etc.), In the Lonely Hour (Sam Smith), Morning Phase (Beck and others), GIRL (Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, etc.), and Beyoncé. I have a feeling that Ed Sheeran or Sam Smith might win but you never know. Some of the bigger artists being nominated for awards are Bastille, Hozier, Sia, Meghan Trainor, Iggy Azalea, Taylor Swift, Wiz Khalifa, Donald Glover, Coldplay, Miley Cyrus, U2, Ryan Adams, The Black Keys, and many others.

While seeing which artist wins an award during the night, the performances that are lined up so far seem very entertaining. Lady Gaga has already confirmed that she will be performing with legend, Tony Bennett. Lady Gaga has always been known to collaborate with classic, well-respected artists. I think the top performance of the night though will be the collaboration between Kanye West, Rihanna, and Paul McCartney. Talk about a random pairing, but I am extremely interested to see what these three worked out. The Grammys seem to be pretty promising this year and I can’t wait to see what they got in store.

Whether you are a music-lover or not, the Grammy Awards are a must watch and are an important part of music history. Make sure you tune into the Grammy Awards Sunday, February 8, at 8pm!

• What Should We Expect From The 2015 Grammy Awards?

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work