Review: If you’re buying a new iPhone, X marks the spot

Spence Carr, Staff Writer

The iPhone X had been widely speculated by many Apple fans for months and was finally released on Nov. 3, 2017. The constant backlash prior to the release of this phone was truly overwhelming because of the larger screen and the lack of a home button, which the earlier iPhones were known for. This phone is overall a different approach that is contrary to Apple’s other products, and it will only take time to realize if it will succeed.

In my opinion, this phone, so far, has been wonderful. The face recognition is fairly accurate, given it’s the first smart phone to be able to do such. I have now gotten use to the lack of a home button, and honestly enjoy not having one. The screen of the phone is enlarged, and even covers the top edges of the phone. This is very beneficial for watching videos, or reading on the phone. My favorite feature on this phone would be the camera. Like the previous plus iPhones, this one has two lenses on the back, and is unbelievably clearer than the past phones I have had. The front-facing camera has also been upgraded, and is extremely clearer than the previous front-screens on the iPhone. The phone, in my opinion, seems faster than previous iPhones as well. Some articles have even said Apple has been slowing down older iPhones on purpose, in order for consumers to buy newer phones. Apple has come out to even say this speculation is true, making many costumers furious at the company.

According to multiple news articles, Apple is soon to slash iPhone X production from the lack of sales. This would make previous iPhone X’s made more expensive, making many consumers possible sell their phones for profit. This speculation really surprised me, because Apple has only increased their sales over the years, and has only benefited from inventing new features to iPhones. From my research, it seems many costumers would rather have a home button on their iPhone. Another reason I think the iPhone X has lacked product sales is because of its price, coming in at near a thousand dollars. Many consumers think this price is outrageous, contributing to the lack of sales.

Overall, I think the iPhone X has many amazing, and unique features. From the camera, to the face-recognition, there is nothing about this phone that has disappointed me so far, and I wish more Apple users would take purchasing an iPhone X into consideration.

• Review: If you’re buying a new iPhone, X marks the spot

Features

Spartans’ Hunter McIntosh Celebrates 1,000-Point Milestone

Sports

GAC Alum Enjoys Continued Golf Success

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work