Emily Bos Dives Into A New Start

The Varsity Swim and Dive Team Begins the Season with Coach Bos

Ibitola Toyin-Adelaja, Staff Writer

Emily Bos, who is the new director of Aquatics, will help athletes in order to become more successful.

Norcross, Ga. — GACS welcomes Emily Bos as the new aquatics director and varsity swim and dive coach this school year.

The first time at a new job can be stressful for anyone. Rookie head coach, Emily Bos, began the new varsity swim and dive season late October.

Coach Bos’s expectations and goals are “getting to know the athletes better, and re-launching the program.”

The captains for this year’s swim and dive team are Leah Thompson and Caroline Mainous. Both captains are seniors who have been with the swim and dive program since junior high.

Coach Bos began to swim at an early age, and she has prior experience with professional swimming at a high school and college level. Coach Bos said, “I started to swim at the age of 10.”

Bos was a part of the Varsity Swim Team for Auburn University throughout her four years of college from 2010-2014.

During this time, she was a U.S. Olympic Trial qualifier twice and a 17-Time All-American. Currently, Bos still holds records for three different events at Auburn University.

Bos has prior coaching experience with neighborhood swim teams and private swim lessons. Although she is a rookie at GACS, Bos is ready for the season ahead.

Bos said, “I think when I get to know my athletes that I can easily relate to them because I know what they are going through. For example, when they are doing hard sets, I know just how far I am supposed to push them.”

Many students remember Coach Bufton as the previous swim and dive instructor at GACS, and Bufton had many phone calls with Bos about the aquatics program at the school. Bos does not “have previous knowledge of Mrs. Bufton, but during phone calls with her, she seemed vey nice.”

Bos is also excited to be a part of the GACS community, and she said, “I really like the family atmosphere at GAC. It has made me enjoy working here.”

The varsity swim and dive teams began their season on Thursday, Oct. 29, and they have weekly meets at the Freeman Aquatic Center until late January. The state swim and dive team will hold the meet at the Georgia Tech University early February.

• Emily Bos Dives Into A New Start

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

• Emily Bos Dives Into A New Start

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

• Emily Bos Dives Into A New Start

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

• Emily Bos Dives Into A New Start

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

• Emily Bos Dives Into A New Start

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

• Emily Bos Dives Into A New Start

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work

Emily Bos Dives Into A New Start