The Artist Extravaganza

Chris Sharp, Managing Editor

Students of the Fine Arts are the beneficiaries of GACs’ excellent facilities and instructors. There are several benefactors that make all of this possible, and the Artist Extravaganza is one of them.

Starting on Thursday March 27th, and ending on Saturday March 29th, GACs will host the fourth annual Artist Extravaganza. The Artist Extravaganza is a special fundraising event that not only raises money toward GACs’ Fine Arts program, but it is also a great community activity that celebrates the patron arts. Over 30 local artists will present a broad array of works such as Fine Art, Jewelry, Fashion, etc. Each artist pays a $100 dollar fee, with 25% of the total sales going towards the visual and performing arts programs. With the school chorus, orchestra, dance team performing, the Artist Extravaganza is an event that represents all phases of the fine arts.

In 2013, the Artist Extravaganza moved to the springtime. This rescheduling pairs the Artist Extravaganza with both the Black & White Gala and the Visual Arts showcase. Hosted by the Visual Arts Department, this year’s theme Irrepressible Creativity, invites visitors to the Fine Arts Crump Gallery where the complete “art gallery experience” will unfold, followed by formal stage performances in the Cliff Jones Theater. This pairing along with the pleasurable entertainment from the chorus, orchestra, and the dance team make for an enthralling event. However, the presented art at the Artist Extravaganza is still the real draw. This year around 30 local artists are participating in the Artist Extravaganza. Listed below are descriptions of each artist and their respective websites for their businesses.

Artist/Vendor

Website/Email/Facebook
  • Arm CandyJewelry – 2nd yr/GAC family
  • Artome –  4th yr
  • This vendor frames artworks submitted by Elem & Village students. For family purchase only. http://www.artome.com/
  • The Beaded DragonflyJewelry – 4th yr
  • Margaret Berthold Fine Art Paintings/prints – 3rd  yr
  • Black Creek RecycledFurniture & framed fotosNEW/GAC family
  • Kendall Boggs Fine Arts & Crafts – 4th yr
  • Chalk TalkHome Decor & Tableware – 2nd yr
  • Betsy Clayton DesignsJewelry – 3rd yr
  • Cordell CreationsJewelry & giftables – 2nd yr
  • Doran DesignsPaintings – 4th yr
  • Funky Trunk DesignsJewelry – 2nd yr/GAC family
  • Joyce Clare GourmetEdibles – NEW/GAC family
  • KdBucklesJewelry – 4th yr
  • Jackie KellyPaintings – NEW
  • CreativeMynds Spartan T-shirts– 2nd yr – GAC family

• Harvey MeyerWoodturner

1. http://www.harveymeyer.com/

This year there are several new additions to the Artist Extravaganza. Patrons have added kids crafts and activities; sand art, face painting, airbrush tattoos, and sidewalk chalk art. These activities will take place Friday after school and all day Saturday. In addition, glass artist Winston Patrick will create his unique works onsite and will demonstrate his craft of blowing glass right on campus. A commercial contest will also take place with both senior high and junior high students will are invited to produce a one-minute commercial. The winning commercial contestant will be announced on 300 Seconds with the winning video being posted on the Artist Extravaganza website.

Admission for the Artist Extravaganza is five dollars with cash, check, and major credit cards being acceptable forms of payment. All purchases are free of sales tax and there is no charge for admission. This is an event that not only fundraises for the Fine Arts programs at GACs, but it also brings the community together. The Artist Extravaganza, along with the Black & White Gala and the Visual Arts showcase, will combine to make a very tasteful and exquisite event. If you’re looking for stylish pieces of art, pleasing musical performances, elegant dances, and so much more, then Artist Extravaganza from March 27th to March 29th is a must see event.

• The Artist Extravaganza

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

• The Artist Extravaganza

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

• The Artist Extravaganza

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

• The Artist Extravaganza

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

• The Artist Extravaganza

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

• The Artist Extravaganza

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work

The Artist Extravaganza