New Start with Basketball

Varsity Boys' Basketball Season Preview

Bo Davies, Staff Writer

The boy's varsity basketball team poses for their group picture along with Coach Eaton.

The boy’s varsity basketball team poses for their group picture along with Coach Eaton.

The 2015-2016 varsity boy’s basketball team is hoping for and working hard for a great season.

Coach David Eaton is new to coaching at GACS and leads the basketball team, and he is a GACS alumnus who is the programs seventh all time leading scorer. Furthermore, he came from Wando High School in South Carolina, where he won the 4A state championship.

In addition to Eaton, senior leader Garrett Covington, a Gwinnett county super six athlete, also leads the team. Garrett is excited for his senior season under his new coach and cannot wait to play his final season for the Spartans.

The Spartans are hoping to build on their success from last year because in the previous year, they had a successful regular season but were defeated early in the playoffs.

Senior Guard, Basil Peterson said, “We are a different team than last year. We are playing under a new coach and a new system, but as a team we all are anxious for the season to start and get some wins.” Peterson acknowledged last year’s disappointing playoff push and said, “The team is as good or maybe even better than last year. We are playing more as a family and have great chemistry together.”

David Eaton is the predecessor to a competent coach named Eddie Martin and is looking forward to bringing the team more power.

After having several practices with Coach Eaton, Peterson said, “The practices are really fun, and we all love to go out there and work to get better. I love Coach Eaton as a coach and love playing under him.”

Be ready Spartan fans, the boy’s basketball varsity team is under a talented coach and is looking forward to a great season.

• New Start with Basketball

Spiritual Life

Ecuador Trip Brings Fresh Faces

• New Start with Basketball

GACs Fine Arts

Marching Band Goes Hollywood

• New Start with Basketball

Sports

2017 Varsity Baseball Preview

• New Start with Basketball

Campus Life

Donating Love with Rolls

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Fannin County

• Campus Life

GAC vs. Lovett Football Recap

• Campus Life

With Davis Mills out, Johnathan Rose fills in as the Spartans Quarterback

• Campus Life

Married GAC Teachers

• New Start with Basketball

Campus Life

GAC vs. Valor Christian

• New Start with Basketball

Sports

Student-Athletes Endeavor to Do Sports and Academic Work

New Start with Basketball